Routing : Forwarding of packets( IP ) from one network to another network. Routers shares his own network information with other routers with the help of routing.
For example : Router connects two diffrent networks : 192.168.1.0 >>> Router >>>192.168.2.0
Three types of Routing :
1. Static Routing
2. Default Routing
3. Dynamic Routing
1. Static Routing - It is known as Manual Routing
> Mandatory need to know the destination network information.
> Used for small companies.
x Everything we have to configure manually.
x If network changes, we need to change the complete network.
1. Routers ports facing each other should be in same network.
2. Gateway and Local area network should in same network.
3. All interfaces of the router has different networks.
2. Default Routing - Manual routing, Unknown Destination ( Internet).
3. Dynamic Routing -Automated Routing Big companies, All networks share information with each other
For example all routers will exchange information with each other: Delhi < > Pune < > Mumbai
Switching : Forwarding of Frames( Mac ) from one interface to another interface.
192.168.1.0 >> Switch >> 192.168.1.0
Static Routing Practical
ip address 18.104.22.168 255.255.0.0
ip address 22.214.171.124 255.255.255.0
ip route 126.96.36.199 255.255.0.0 188.8.131.52
ip address 184.108.40.206 255.255.0.0
ip address 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.0
ip route 18.104.22.168 255.255.0.0 22.214.171.124